At the heart of Still Point Wellness is a meditation practice of some kind. There are many ways to meditate and each of us may resonate with a different meditation form. For the last 30 years, I have practiced Zen Meditation in the Rinzai Zen tradition. Every Sunday evening at 7pm I share this practice at the Blue Heron Center with anyone who wishes to participate.
The intention of this weekly meditation is the same whether you are new to meditation or have an established meditation practice:
- Support our daily meditation practice
- Promote peace and healing in our community
- Cultivate practices in the Zen Buddhism
First Time Attending
- Contact Eric in advance to discuss your intentions with meditation
- Arrive on time for a brief orientation
- Bring a meditation cushion for sitting on the floor.Chairs and floor mats are provided
What will happen during the meditation?
Participants sit straight and still for two 15 minute periods focusing on their breath. The meditation schedule includes:
7:00 1st Meditation Period
7:15 Walking Meditation
7:20 2nd Meditation Period
***If you wish to start a meditation practice, please let me know and I can help you get started***